BASIC INFORMATION REGARDING THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Data Controller : IDIADA Automotive Technology, S.A. (“IDIADA”, “WE” or/and “Us”) with address at L’Albornar, 43710 SANTA OLIVA (Tarragona), Spain, the coordinator of the Green Vehicle Index Consortium (“GVI”) and the manager of this website.
Purposes : IDIADA collects your information to provide you with personalized services. In this regard, IDIADA will collect your information in order to:
- Deal with your enquiries, questions and requests;
- Manage our Website;
- Contact you with electronic newsletters and/or promotional e-mails relating to products, events, news and services offered by the GVI through e-mail.
The information that IDIADA collects, and how that information is used and processed, depends on which and how you use the referred services.
Legal Basis :
- Legitimate interests;
- Compliance with legal obligations.
Personal Data : Full name, surname, phone number, email address, mobile phone number, country of residence and the name of your Company.
- Service providers and commercial partners;
- IDIADA’s affiliate’s when is appropriate;
- Security forces, judges and courts, regulatory entities, government authorities or other competent third parties;
- Third parties only if it is strictly necessary.
Rights : At any time, you may execute the following rights concerning the processing of your personal data, among others:
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to erasure (or the right to be forgotten);
- Right to object;
- Right to restriction of processing.
To exercise the abovementioned rights, you can contact IDIADA at firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name and e-mail address or by written notice to IDIADA Automotive Technology, S.A., P.I L’Albornar, PO BOX 20, E-43710, Santa Oliva, Tarragona (Spain) with the subject: “Exercise of data protection rights” .
In the event that you request the removal of your personal data you may not be able to fully access this web site.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
IDIADA informs you that will collect and subsequently process the personal data as Data Controller. For such reason, you may contact Us at:
- IDIADA Automotive Technology, S.A.
- Address: Pol. Industrial L’Albornar Po BOX 20
- E-mail: email@example.com
1. What Personal Data do We collect
We will collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly (e.g. when you contact us through the contact form available on the Website) or through the e-mail addresses included for information purposes.bsite:
1.1 Personal Data We collect directly from you
The categories of personal data that We collect directly from you include:
- Personal details (g. full name, surname, nationality);
- Contact details (g. phone number, email address, mobile phone number);
- Other details: name of the company where you work or which you represent;
1.2 How We use your Personal Data and on what legal basis
We use and subsequently process personal data We collect about you on the following legal basis, and for the purposes identified below.
We will process your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, for the following purposes:
- Provide and personalize our services;
- To manage our Website;
- To deal with your enquiries, questions and requests;
- To protect the security and/or integrity of our Website and IT infrastructure;
- To understand how you use our services and to enable Us to improve and further develop the features, performance and support available on our Website, which may entail the provision of anonymous statistical information about our visitors (however, without it being used to identify any individual user);
- For any disclosures to third parties required as part of due diligence processes in the context of corporate restructuring operations in which We may participate;
- To contact you with electronic newsletters and/or promotional e-mails relating to products and services offered by the GVI, unless you have expressly manifested your desire to opt out of such marketing communications, or We are otherwise legally prevented from doing so;
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Us with your personal data, to the extent that you have granted Us your prior consent to that particular processing. For example, We will obtain your consent to collect and use certain types of personal data when we are required to do so by law (g. in relation to our direct marketing activities, Cookies and Tracking Technologies, or when We process sensitive personal data).
If We ask for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw your consent, using one of the following procedures:
- At any time by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name and e-mail address;
- By written notice to IDIADA Automotive Technology, S.A., P.I L’Albornar, PO BOX 20, E-43710, Santa Oliva, Tarragona (Spain) with the subject: “Exercise of data protection rights”; or
We will also process your personal data in order to ensure an optimum level of compliance with the applicable legal obligations to which IDIADA is subject, and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies where necessary.
3. What rights do you have over your Personal Data
You have certain rights regarding your personal data, subject to local law. These include the following rights:
- To know how We are processing your personal data and to access your personal data held by IDIADA and its affiliates, where applicable;
- To request the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- To request the erasure of your personal data when such data is no longer necessary for the initial purposes for which it has been initially collected, in accordance with applicable law;
- To restrict our processing of your personal data, under certain circumstances (in which case We will only retain the personal data for the exercise and/or defense of IDIADA’s rights);
- To object to our processing of your personal data, having regard to the given circumstances and for reasons related to their particular situation (in which case We will only retain the personal data for imperative legitimate reasons or the exercise and/or defense of IDIADA’s rights);
- This includes the right to object, at any time, for reasons related to your particular situation, to our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests or those of a third party, in which case We will cease in processing your personal data unless We are able to rely on legitimate reasons to do so;
- To request the portability of your personal data, which will allow you to obtain and reuse the personal data in a usable electronic format for your own purposes and across different services without hindrance to usability, including its transmission to another third party; and
- To withdraw the consent you may have granted to a specific processing, at any time.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal data We hold about you is inaccurate. If necessary, We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
IDIADA is committed to protect your personal data as described in this policy, and as required by applicable laws. Should you have any queries or intention of requesting additional information on how to exercise your rights or to effectively submit such a request, feel free to contact Us at email@example.com.
4. How do we share your Personal Data and with whom
IDIADA will be able to share your personal data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners: We will allow our service providers and business partners that perform amongst others, to process secure payments web maintenance and other IT services, attendance to the event promoted in the website, marketing and communication, accounting, finance, legal and audit and other business operations for us to access to your personal data and other business operations for us to access to your personal data.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party with compelling authority: We will be able to share your personal data with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
- Third parties: We will share your personal data with third parties for the fulfillment of the relationship you have with us. For example: the members of the GVI Consortium.
- IDIADA’s affiliate’s: We will share your personal data only when is necessary in order to provide you with the services that you request us.
- Other third parties: We will share your personal data with these persons in the case that you have provided your consent.
5. How do we protect your Personal Data
We implement technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal data we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal data. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
6. For how long do we Store your Personal Data
We will keep your personal data for as long as We have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, We will retain your personal data for a period of time that enables Us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes;
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law;
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims;
- Deal with any complaints regarding the services.
We will delete your personal data when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, We will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
7. Contact Us
This site and its content are subject to the copyright of the GVI Project. Reproduction is not authorised for commercial purposes. Prior permission from the GVI Project secretariat must be obtained for the reproduction or use of textual and multimedia information (videos, pictures, illustrations, etc.).
IDIADA is the Data Controller in respect of the personal data We collect and process. If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal data has been used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that We have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the Spanish Data Protection Agency (Agencia Española de Protección de Datos) using their website: https://www.agpd.es/portalwebAGPD/index-ides-idphp.php.
Moreover, the Policy sets out information about cookies and other tracking technologies that are used in the context of the Websites, mobile apps and the Online Services (defined below) we offer to you (the “Cookies”).
The “Online Services” refer to the Websites, mobile apps and all information and services provided to you in connection with your use of the website including newsletters, sponsored content, advertising, and email communication.
What are Cookies?
We use the term Cookies to refer to all technologies which store and access information on the device that you use to access the Online Services, such as your computer, tablet or mobile phone. For example, we use http Cookies, which are small data files (typically made up of numbers and letters) that are downloaded when you access our Online Services and allow us to recognise your device.
What types of Cookies exist?
According to the ownership of the Cookie, they may be classified as:
- First-Party Cookies: They are those being sent to the user´s computer or device from a computer or domain managed by the publisher himself, and from which the website requested by the user is being provided.
- Third-Party Cookies: They are those being sent to the user´s computer or device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by a different entity who processes the information collected through Cookies.
According to the lifespan of the Cookie, they may be classified as:
- Session Cookies: They are a type of Cookies designed to collect and store information while the user visits a website.
- Persistent Cookies: They are a type of Cookies in which the information stored in the computer or device may be accessed and processed over a period of time defined by the owner of the Cookie, timeframe which can vary between a few minutes to several years.
According to the purpose of the Cookie, they may be classified as:
- Analytical Cookies: They are those that, processed either by the publisher itself, or by third-parties, allow for the quantification of the number of users and thus the measurement and statistical analysis of the web´s usage. To that end, an analysis of the users´ browsing the web is carried out for the purpose of improving the products and services offered.
- Advertising Cookies: They are those that allow for the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested page is provided, based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which ads are being displayed.
- Behavioral Advertising Cookies: They are those that allow for the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested page is provided. In particular, these Cookies store information on the users´ behavior, obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing to develop a specific profile in order to display advertising based on the same. It is also possible that by visiting a website, or by opening an e-mail or a message containing an ad or a promotion, a Cookie is installed on the user´s browser for the purpose of displaying subsequent advertising related to previous searches and developing a control of the ads concerning, for example, the number of views, the location in which they appear, the times at which they are displayed etc.
- Technical Cookies: They are those that allow the user browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services provided therein, such as, web traffic management, information or session identification, access restricted content or sections, remember items included in an order, carry out the order purchase process, submit an application for registration or participation in an event, use security features while browsing, store content for video or audio broadcasting or share content on social networks.
- Personalization Cookies: They are those that allow the user to access the website, platform or application, using predefined generic features based on a series of criteria set by the user´s computer or device, such as the language, the type of browser or the locale from which the website is accessed etc.
Which Cookies do we use and why do we use them?
The following data sets out the different categories of Cookies that the Online Services use and why we use them.
Essential website Cookies: Google Analytics
- What these cookies do: these Cookies are necessary to provide you some of the features of the Online Services.
- How to exercise your Cookie choices: you can control and delete these Cookies through your browser settings however if you choose to do so, then you will not be able to use the full functionality of the Online Services.
Performance and functionality Cookies: Google Analytics
- What these cookies do: these Cookies are necessary to be able to provide you with a better user experience as they allow us to understand how our website is used by you. From this information we can improve the way the site works and adapt our content to your interests.
- How to exercise your Cookie choices: more information, including details on how to opt-out, is available here.
Analytics Cookies: Google Analytics
- What these cookies do: we use Google Analytics to collect information on how the Online Services is used and to report on the Online Services usage statistics.
- How to exercise your Cookie choices: more information, including details on how to opt-out, is available here.
How can you exercise your choices regarding the installation/removal of Cookies?
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept Cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Online Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove Cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Online Services.
- Manage your Cookies through the appropriate privacy section available on IDIADA’s website.
- Manage Cookies through your web browser/smartphone or third party-settings.
You may be able to control whether or not you accept Cookies through the settings of your own web browser or smartphone. Your web browser or smartphone gives you the option to delete all Cookies, including all of our Cookies. Please note, however, that disabling Cookies in your browser may result in preventing access to some or all of the features of our Online Services and we decline any liability in this respect.
Explanations about how to manage settings of your web browser is often provided by your web browser on the “help” menu of your browser.
You may allow, block, or remove Cookies installed on your own device by changing the configuration of your browser. For additional information on how to block Cookies, you may access the following sections and links concerning the most popular browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
As an additional step, concerning third-parties Cookies aiming at providing you with interest-based advertising, please note that third parties can participate in one of the following self-regulatory programs for online behavioural advertising, with corresponding user opt-outs:
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) – (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/)
- Google Analytics – (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)
If at any time you do not want your personal data to be used to allow third-parties to display advertisements or to personalise advertisements displayed to you, you can adjust your settings by using the tools provided by these third-parties (e.g. Google, Facebook) or through one of the above self-regulatory programs for online behavioural advertising, if the third party participates in one of them.
Most mobile devices provide you control over tracking for advertising purposes via the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (more specific information for iOS devices here) or the “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” setting (more specific information for Android devices here).
For further information about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.